Dr. Alireza Nazeri is a clinical Cardiologist and Cardiac Electrophysiologist. He is a Board-Certified physician in Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiac Electrophysiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine (“ABIM.”) Dr. Nazeri completed his advanced training in Adult Cardiology and Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology at Texas Heart Institute, where he is a member of the professional staff, and the Baylor College of Medicine (“Baylor”). He was an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Baylor from 2014 until October 2018. Dr. Nazeri decided to make a career change to join a private practice cardiology group, Interventional Cardiology Associates, in November 2018 as a Cardiac Electrophysiologist. Dr. Nazeri’s commitment is to provide optimal care to his patients and his community.
Dr. Nazeri has been and continues to be involved in research activities in the field of Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology. He has published his research in the medical journals and been a speaker at national and international cardiology conferences. He is an active fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (FHRS) and the American College of Cardiology (FACC).
Dr. Nazeri offers comprehensive care in the screening, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias). His medical services include:
- Cardiac Arrhythmias: Diagnosis and treatment of the heart rhythm disorders including electrophysiology study and ablation of arrhythmias including supraventricular arrhythmias, Atrial Fibrillation (Afib), Atrial Flutter and Ventricular arrhythmias.
- Syncope: Consultation, diagnosis and treatment of underlying cardiac rhythm disorders in patients with Syncope.
- Heart Rhythm Devices: Implantation, management and monitoring of the implantable heart rhythm devices including transvenous and leadless Pacemaker, Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator, Biventricular AICD/Pacemaker (Cardiac Resynchronization therapy) and implantable loop recorder. He also provides services for removal of the infected or malfunction heart rhythm devices.
- Left atrial appendage exclusion for prevention of stroke in the patient who can not tolerate anticoagulation (Blood Thinner).
- Evaluation and treatment of the heart rhythm disorders in patients with hereditary (congenital) heart diseases.
Accepted Insurance Plans:
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shields
- Other Major Health Insurances
- Houston Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center
- Houston Methodist Hospital at Sugar Land
- CHI St. Luke’s Health- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Canter